As the UK’s largest motorway service area provider, all Moto sites remain open 24/7 for toilets, showers and refreshments. But to ensure that we can keep you safe when you’re on the roads, look after our colleagues, and keep Britain moving, we are following government guidelines.
Food and drink is available 24 hours, but you may find the availability of your favourite brands different to normal due to impacts on staffing levels with our colleagues having to self isolate following test and trace.
- Showers and toilets are open at all sites 24 hours a day.
- Forecourts are open with fuel available at all sites 24 hours a day.
- Food and drink is available at all sites 24 hours a day.
- Brand opening times and availability are subject to change and may be different to information across our website.
- Our Moto colleagues will all be wearing face coverings on sites, and protective screens will remain in place at till points.
- You can log your visit via Test and Trace and you’ll find the QR codes to access this at till points at all Moto locations.
- Social distancing and queue systems may be in place during periods to help manage the flow of people on location and encourage social distancing in busier areas.
- Our internal and external seating areas are open with tables set a comfortable distance apart of 1m or more. Where this isn’t possible, screens may be in place.
- Increased hygiene measures are in place on our sites, with hand sanitizer stands in place at all locations, and dedicated cleaning teams working on table areas.
- We are encouraging the use of contactless/card payments across all brands.
- We have introduced Order & Collect for a number of our brands so that you can have your order ready and waiting for you at your Moto location to minimise your time on site.
- Door hosts will be in place at selected sites.
Motorway Services Areas have a legal exemption that allows us to continue to provide indoor seating for travellers under The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No.4) Regulations 2020. Part 4 of the regulations details the restrictions on the service of food and drink and allows for the MSA exemption at regulation 15, paragraph 5 (b).
This exemption enables us to fulfil the legal obligations placed on us by the Department for Transport to provide travellers with the opportunity to rest and safely take a break during their journeys ; and also to enable HGV drivers to take their statutory breaks. The exemption has been agreed between the Department for Transport and the Health & Safety Executive and we are following all the applicable safety advice.
Test & Trace
You can log your visit via the official NHS Test and Trace app. You should individually log each visit to our sites, including occasions whereby you visit multiple sites in the same day, or the same site more than once.
Each Moto location has its own unique QR code to scan on the app, and these codes can be found at till points.
To assist the NHS Test and Trace, we are required to record details of customers who use the seating area in any of our motorway service areas.
How you can help
In order to keep our colleagues and customers on-site really safe, though, we need your help. To keep safe you may be asked to adhere to social distancing and queue systems during busier periods to help manage the flow of people on location and encourage social distancing.
We kindly ask that when you are travelling, you help us maintain social distancing practices by remaining a comfortable distance from other customers and our colleagues.
We’d also love it if you could adhere to regular hand washing – soap is provided at all sites along with plenty of hand sanitiser stations.
It goes without saying, that if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, including but not limited to, a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, we kindly ask that you do not visit any Moto locations at this time.
For more information on the signs and symptoms on COVID-19, please refer to the NHS’ official guidance.