Our achievements so far:
- We have achieved our goal of raising over over £5 million for charities and good causes
- We have given £2.9 million to Help for Heroes in the last eight years
- We have given over £1 million to national charities
- We have given grants to 450+ local community charities
- We have delivered over 138,000 books to our adopted schools around the country
- Having achieved our goal of raising over over £5 million for charities and good causes in 2018 the charity has increased its target to £10 million
- We have pledged to raise a further £1 million for Help for Heroes increasing the target to £3 million
- We will support another 100 local charities and good causes
- Raising funds through our network of Moto Service Areas
- Forging strong links with small charities and community groups
- A focus on Safety and the Environment
- To our national and local partners
- Through our Benevolent Fund for staff
Our charity aims to make a difference to communities around the UK. We focus our attention on the local communities around Moto’s locations, however we also partner each year with a national charity in order to help make a difference to a wider community audience.
The Moto in the Community Trust was launched in 2005 as a grant-making charity supporting various local groups and national charities by raising money at Moto locations nationwide. Funds raised by our charity are then distributed back into our communities through grants. Moto people also offer their time and skills by volunteering within their communities and building strong links with local charities and community groups.
Moto employs around 5,000 staff at service areas nationwide, and it is the energy and enthusiasm of our staff that has helped raise over £7m since our charity launched in 2005.
Our Charity of the Year partner enjoys nationwide presence at Moto’s locations and a proportion of the funds raised at Moto Service Areas and by our corporate supporters each year.
Each Moto location is also given the opportunity to adopt a local community partner, specific to their geographical area. These partnerships build strong community links and provide excellent opportunities for our charity to make a real difference to our communities. Local community partners are eligible to apply for grants to our charity.
The Trust also has its own benevolent fund to support Moto People through times of hardship.
The Trust is managed by 10 Trustees which includes members of the Moto senior management team and external Trustees from other industries.
- C – CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP – Making a difference to our communities
- A – ADDING VALUE where it is needed most
- R – Building RELATIONSHIPS with our communities
- E – ENGAGING our EMPLOYEES, and setting an example in our industry
The Moto in the Community Trust is privileged to have the continued support of many supporters dedicated to our objectives. Moto staff, customers, suppliers and partners, through their tireless fundraising.
2020 was a challenging year. However, MITC continued to support its’ long-term charity partners